We continue to chug away to September 2014 and DC Comics’ 41 title New 52 Futures End 3D cover month and 5 year line-wide leap forward, the weekly series’ eleventh issue hit stands today.
Before I get to my capsule review and spoilers for New 52 Futures End #11, let’s get you caught up on this series so far:
- The New 52 Futures End #0 with Batman Beyond’s New 52 debut and a BIG death.
- The New 52 Futures End #1 with the death of a Justice League hero.
- The New 52 Futures End #2 with the debut of the masked Superman.
- The New 52 Futures End #3 with the return of a different hero thought to be dead.
- The New 52 Futures End #4 with Lois Lane confronting the long-thought dead hero.
- The New 52 Futures End #5 with Firestorm no more and Constantine’s new mystery.
- The New 52 Futures End #6 with the return of a fan-fave anti-hero.
- The New 52 Futures End #7 with that fan fave maiming a hero.
- The New 52 Futures End #8 with Masked Superman as Justice League enforcer.
- The New 52 Futures End #9 with its massive Earth 2 prison unveiled!
- The New 52 Futures End #10 with a heroine’s return and Lois Lane vs. Superman.
Spoilers and capsule review follow for The New 52 Futures End #11.
Like with previous previews by DC Comics, the FREE-for-readers preview for this issue advances the search for Stormwatch subplot and leaves our motley crew in an odd spot.
Once we get into the actual issue, we see:
- Wildstorm’s Voodoo enter the “missing” Grifter subplot, but readers know he’s on Cadmus Island with the OMACs, Fifty Sue and Deathstroke.
- Mister Terrific “outs” Batman Beyond in the media playing on Earth’s seemingly xenophobic fears in the post Earth 2 war.
- That weird bio-organic looking creature is making its way across Earth.
The book also features the Masked Superman and the future Justice League trying to get Firestorm – Ronald Raymond and Jason Rusch – back together. Ron Raymond confesses that he feels he is responsible for Green Arrow’s early series death and storms off with the Justice League in seemingly in shambles with a powerhouse off the board.
Overall, I enjoyed the story and art in this issue. Loved seeing the Justice League of the future and am still intrigued by who the Masked Superman might be. However, we have a few months to wait as his/her/its secret identity will be revealed in October 2014?s The New 52 Futures End #22.
And, as per usual, this issue ends with a tease of next week’s The New 52 Future’s End #12!
Thanks for reading. All feedback welcome.