Superman turns 80 years old next year, and like most DC Comics superheroes, this means that numerous writers and artists have put their own spin on the Kryptonian protector in the comics. However, Dave Gibbons did make a good point in his interview with Comicbook.com. While Superman has had his share of dark moments over the decades, he’s generally presented as a brighter and optimistic hero in the DC mythology. Batman, on the other hand, has been depicted as a brooding and suspicious vigilante in the years since the ’60s TV series and the Silver Age of Comics concluded, much like his first comic book stories. The juxtaposition of Superman and Batman’s different personalities in this regard certainly would have been interesting to see in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, but director Zack Snyder and the rest of the creative team decided to take a different approach.
- Freddie Mercury Becomes Different Comic Book Heroes in This Art Collection
- DC Comics Universe & Action Comics #1010 Spoilers: Superman In His Arab Secret Identity Of Chaz Donen Goes Undercover With Lois Lane?! Event Leviathan Looms! Preview! UPDATED!
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’: Let’s retrace steps of how superheroes became Hollywood’s biggest stars
- The Splash Page: “Detective Comics” #1000 remembers what’s great about Batman
- Comics Explained – Answers (Superman Universe: Unity Saga Part 4)
- DC Comics previews and pull list for April 17, 2019
- Shazam Is Back. Wait, Who Is He Again?
- Every DC Comics Movie, Ranked
- Brian Michael Bendis Teases the Secrets of Event Leviathan :: Comics :: Features :: Brian Michael Bendis :: Paste
- See Henry Cavill’s Superman Sporting A Comic-Accurate Beard
- DC Comics Universe & July 2019 Solicitations Spoilers: Superman / Supergirl X-Over Concludes As Unity Saga Continues! Plus Brainiac Returns!
- DC’s new Lois Lane and Jimmy Olsen comic-book series will debut in July
- 10 Perfect Date Night Movies for Your Favorite Comic Book Nerd
- Ridley Pearson’s ‘Super Sons’ unveils a new dynamic duo: Batman and Superman’s kids
- ‘Shazam!’ Producer Explains That Surprise DC Cameo