Superman turns 80 years old next year, and like most DC Comics superheroes, this means that numerous writers and artists have put their own spin on the Kryptonian protector in the comics. However, Dave Gibbons did make a good point in his interview with Comicbook.com. While Superman has had his share of dark moments over the decades, he’s generally presented as a brighter and optimistic hero in the DC mythology. Batman, on the other hand, has been depicted as a brooding and suspicious vigilante in the years since the ’60s TV series and the Silver Age of Comics concluded, much like his first comic book stories. The juxtaposition of Superman and Batman’s different personalities in this regard certainly would have been interesting to see in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, but director Zack Snyder and the rest of the creative team decided to take a different approach.
- A Superman Movie Villain Is Finally Being Introduced To The Comics
- Bio Comic Tells The Heartbreaking Story of Superman Co-Creator Joe Shuster
- Comic Legends: The Strange Case of Perry White’s Temporary Replacement
- Superman’s First Appearance Sells for Over $2 Million at Auction
- Where did Superman come from? – Bergen Record
- DC BLACK LABEL BATMAN: DAMNED #1, SUPERMAN: YEAR ONE, OTHER HISTORY Release Dates
- Henry Cavill Reveals Favorite Superman Comic Book Story
- Where did Superman come from?
- Henry Cavill Reveals His Favorite Superman Book By DC Comics
- Man of Steel #1 isn’t just a new Superman series — it’s a new …
- Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it’s transgender superman
- Photo Coverage: Charles Strouse Celebrates His Birthday at Children’s Theatre of Cincinnati’s Reading of IT’S A BIRD …
- A celebration for the famous comic book superhero Superman to be held this weekend
- Who does the best Batman voice in the DC universe? Superman
- Batman’s getting married and he picked the wrong best man