Krypton‘s Doomsday scene is a good homage to the Superman comics, although not entirely in line with the source material that it’s referencing. For starters, Doomsday was imprisoned in a containment chamber buried deep beneath the Earth, not in a blood sealed vault on planet Krypton. That said, the creature’s origins do originate on the planet, so it’s not as though the Syfy series was disrespectful to the character’s mythos in twisting his story a little bit. For all the liberties the show took with changing up Doomsday’s story, it’s nice to see the writers still took time to write in a much-loved part from the comics to pay homage to past lore:
- Superman Comic Draws Criticism for Showing Torture and Murder of Lois Lane
- Hillary Chute’s ‘Why Comics?’
- ‘Young Justice: Outsiders’ Reveals Superman’s SPOILER
- DC has a new comics imprint about teens. And, of course, it’s by Brian Michael Bendis.
- Bendis’ Superman #7 comic reveals massive change for Superboy
- REVIEW: ‘Superman,’ Issue #7
- Blizzard Had to Convince DC That Superman Kicks People
- DC Comics set to release comic about the ‘Second Coming’ of Christ
- FACT CHECK: Is DC Comics Publishing a Series Depicting Jesus Christ?
- ‘Superman: Red Son’ Movie Reportedly in the Works
- New Comic Has Ben Affleck Easter Egg From Batman v Superman
- 7 DC Comics to Borrow on ComiXology Unlimited Right Now
- Elseworlds and alternate realities in comics
- The Death of Superman + Reign of the Supermen coming to cinemas for one-off screening
- Captain Comics: The year in film