The character of Elias Orr, or simply Mr. Orr, is a mercenary who has gone to work for everybody from world governments to Lex Luthor. One has to assume that Cavill came across Elias Orr while reading comics to prep for his role as Superman. His background is mostly shrouded in mystery, but in the end, what’s key to the character, in this case, isn’t necessarily who he is — we have no idea if the two characters have much in common from a personality standpoint — but what he looks like, and a look at Elias Orr in the comics makes it quite obvious how he inspired Henry Cavill’s facial hair decisions.
- Superman Comic Draws Criticism for Showing Torture and Murder of Lois Lane
- Hillary Chute’s ‘Why Comics?’
- ‘Young Justice: Outsiders’ Reveals Superman’s SPOILER
- DC has a new comics imprint about teens. And, of course, it’s by Brian Michael Bendis.
- Bendis’ Superman #7 comic reveals massive change for Superboy
- REVIEW: ‘Superman,’ Issue #7
- Blizzard Had to Convince DC That Superman Kicks People
- DC Comics set to release comic about the ‘Second Coming’ of Christ
- FACT CHECK: Is DC Comics Publishing a Series Depicting Jesus Christ?
- ‘Superman: Red Son’ Movie Reportedly in the Works
- New Comic Has Ben Affleck Easter Egg From Batman v Superman
- 7 DC Comics to Borrow on ComiXology Unlimited Right Now
- Elseworlds and alternate realities in comics
- The Death of Superman + Reign of the Supermen coming to cinemas for one-off screening
- Captain Comics: The year in film