The character of Elias Orr, or simply Mr. Orr, is a mercenary who has gone to work for everybody from world governments to Lex Luthor. One has to assume that Cavill came across Elias Orr while reading comics to prep for his role as Superman. His background is mostly shrouded in mystery, but in the end, what’s key to the character, in this case, isn’t necessarily who he is — we have no idea if the two characters have much in common from a personality standpoint — but what he looks like, and a look at Elias Orr in the comics makes it quite obvious how he inspired Henry Cavill’s facial hair decisions.
- Metropolis’ Superman honors Marvel creator, Stan Lee
- ‘Superman’ Soars In His Best Film With 4K 40-Year Anniversary Release
- Stan Lee, dead at 95, reinvented the comic book industry
- RIP Stan Lee, the Man Who Made Comics Cool
- Buffalo Soldiers ride on through comic book artist, writer
- DC Black Label Adds ‘Watchmen’ and Other Classics to Library (Exclusive)
- DC’s Injustice tie-in comics are some of the decade’s best
- Comics Superstar Writer Grant Morrison Inks TV Deal With UCP
- Grant Morrison: Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, and the Return of …
- ‘Supergirl’: Who Is Manchester Black?
- The Comic Source Podcast Episode 579 – Superman Sunday: Action Comics #1004
- NYCC ’18: Liveblogging DC Superman 80th Celebration
- World’s Largest Emerald Found and DC Fans Think It’s Kryptonite
- The Comic Source Podcast Episode 570 – LACC Superman Panel and Action Comics #1000 Hardcover
- EXCLUSIVE PREVIEW: He-Man fights Superman in INJUSTICE VS MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE #4’s epic muscle …