The character of Elias Orr, or simply Mr. Orr, is a mercenary who has gone to work for everybody from world governments to Lex Luthor. One has to assume that Cavill came across Elias Orr while reading comics to prep for his role as Superman. His background is mostly shrouded in mystery, but in the end, what’s key to the character, in this case, isn’t necessarily who he is — we have no idea if the two characters have much in common from a personality standpoint — but what he looks like, and a look at Elias Orr in the comics makes it quite obvious how he inspired Henry Cavill’s facial hair decisions.
- Louise Simonson reminisces about killing Superman ahead of Ithacon 44
- DC Comics reveals June release for Superman: Year One from Frank Miller and John Romita Jr.
- Man, 39, Arrested In Modesto Comic Book Store Break-Ins
- Portland writer’s Jesus comic sees revival after cancellation
- DC Films Finally Admits Marvel Studios Was Right All Along
- Ezra Miller is writing a script for The Flash alongside comic book icon Grant Morrison
- Can Ezra Miller Save ‘The Flash’ Movie?
- ‘Superman: Year One’: Frank Miller And John Romita Jr. Take On Man of Steel
- The Comics History of All 9 CAPTAIN MARVELS
- DC ROUND-UP: Superman #9 and an Ultraman we didn’t know we needed
- Captain Comics: The many iterations of Captain Marvel
- Visitors to Marvel artist’s Lake County exhibit ‘enter into such a different world’
- Superman Sunday – Action Comics #1007: The Comic Source Podcast Episode #727
- Review – Superman: Action Comics #1008: Leviathan on the Hunt
- Comics: Bats to blacken sky at SXSW; Green Arrow revival; and more